Cravings

Sunday, October 25, 2009


First, let me start by saying NO, I AM NOT PREGNANT. I feel I need to get that out there for friends and family who may stumble upon my blog. I do eat like I'm pregnant though... all of the time. That's not really true, but I do get really strong cravings that can last for weeks, even months! Lately, I have been craving Baldinos. Baldinos is a sub shop that is a very small chain through Georgia and parts of North Carolina (though not near where I live). They make THE BEST subs. I grew up on these subs. My mom and I would eat there usually once a week and I always got the same thing. I graduated proudly through the years from their kids meal mini sub to a full fledged 'regular' sub. I always had the choice though of getting a regular sized sub (which is HUGE) or a half sized and a big deli pickle. I almost always chose option B.( That's another constant for me, my love of salty, brine-y,vinegar-y anything!) There is something about the smell of a Baldino's sub that I just love. I've been craving it for MONTHS now and have been trying to replace it with Jersey Mike's which we have here in town. They are good... I've had two this past week, but its just not the same. First off, the subs are like half the girth of a baldino's sub. I'm not sure that's a bad thing, but its just not quenching my craving! Hopefully I can get the next person to drive up from Savannah and visit me to bring me a sub!

ps. I can't believe I just posted a whole blog about subs! It is true though that subs, sushi and Indian food are things I could eat every meal for the rest of my life and be happy.

3 comments:

jpeg said...

Thanks a lot. Now I want a damn LARRY's sub but am too broke and without a vehicle to go get one. At least there's some out here. Baldinos would be my second choice.

At least I have some pickles and sauerkraut...

Tara said...

I completely understand your cravings. I grew up in the Bay Area - home of fabulous cuisine from anywhere in the world. And even since moving across the country TWICE now, I can't get Mexican food worth a (insert crass phrase here). I've been craving a Las Palmas Chile Verde burrito for MONTHS now. In other words - I think it's homesickness.

Anonymous said...

You are right about BALDINOS - everybody I know says they are the best. They've been around 35 years - why aren't they EVERYWHERE?

Post a Comment

 
◄ Design by Pocket